Update

Well it’s not that I haven’t been working on my pinball machine – I’m just working on alternatives ways to progress at the moment and so have nothing to report.¬†But just for completeness,¬†here’s what I’ve been up to:

I’ve been improving my touch-ups to the playfield and will be presenting them here once I’ve completed the painting.

I acquired some acrylic “fluorescent” additive to try to get the orange touch ups around the POWER insert to be more fluorescent – with mixed results.

I cleaned the playfield with silicon remover to get rid of the grease marks (in preparation for the clear coating) which removed all of my black and orange touch ups from the playfield.

I found an interesting touch up alternative, which may be a good solution for the black and orange insert touch-ups. I’m waiting for this to be delivered. I will report on the success (or otherwise) of this solution once I’ve tried it out.

I’ve also sealed in my touch ups around the mansion inserts with thin superglue, applying it with a syringe. Although this worked fine, some of the purple and yellow colours bled into the surrounding black area. This needs to be reworked.

I’ve taken several metal parts to a metal worker to be reground (ie to remove the ball wear channels). I got these back and they looked wonderful (although the rivets for the connecting posts have also been slightly ground down, exposing a yellow finish under the chrome plating).

Reground metal parts showing the rivets with chrome plating removed

Reground metal parts showing the rivets with chrome plating removed

So next on my agenda are the following:

  1. Finish the touch ups to the playfield
  2. Apply the “cloud” decal
  3. Spot clear coat the playfield (over touch ups and decal)
  4. Rebuild the playfield

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.