Taking my AFM apart

The AFM I acquired was supposed to be fully functional with some cabinet fade. Electronically the machine was supposed to have just two problems: the Strobe light didn’t work nor did the LEDs in the Mother Ship.

Having received the machine, I wasn’t able to test its functionality before moving it down into the cellar. Instead I took the machine apart in order to facilitate its transportation. The legs were already off, so I just had to take off the backbox and take the populated playfield out, which I did.

On taking the backbox off, I had to disconnect the plugs from the boards in the backbox. As to be expected, there were a couple of burned connectors:

One half of the original J106 not looking too good

Another reworked connector


Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.